Privacy and cookies
Who we are
Cathwell AS is incorporated in Norway, VAT registration no: NO985532508MVA with registered office at Kongshavnsgate 18, PO box 68, NO-3993 Langesund, Norway.
Cathwell will be responsible for data processing and for protecting and respecting your privacy. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Our business profile
- Services, including technical support, inspection and engineering.
- Website(s) that may be accessed at http://www.cathwell.com.
- Subscription services.
Changes to our policy
This policy may change at any time as we improve and change our products and services. You should check this website frequently for updates.
Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used:
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your visits to and use of this website, including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths.
- Information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website.
- Information that you enter when you create a profile on our website, for instance your name and employment details.
- Information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters.
- Information that you enter while using the services on our website.
- Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it.
- Information sent to us by email or contained through our website, including its communication content and metadata.
- Any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Administration of our website and business.
- Personalising our website for you.
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website.
- Sending you goods purchased through our website.
- Supplying services purchased through our website.
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you.
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications.
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested.
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter).
- Sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
We may also provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information):
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keeping our website secure and prevent fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service), and other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining personal information
This section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data to the extent that we are required to do so by law. That applies if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings and in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) data locations.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
A browser cookie is a small data file transmitting information to the user’s browser, with as purpose to authenticate or identify the user. Cookies are normally stored on your computer, and may contain information such as registration data, user preferences and enabling basic website functionalities. When a server receives a request from a browser that has a cookie, the server is then able to use the information stored in the cookie. For example, the server might be able to customise what is sent back to the user, or keep a log of particular user’s requests.
Cathwell uses several cookies, that enable you to experience the information provided in the best way, and to help us maximise the user-friendliness of our web. Additional cookies from third parties may occur, for example enabling streaming of YouTube movies, PDF readers, Adobe Flash functionalities, etc.
By using Cathwell’s website, you approve that we can set cookies in your browser. Note, cookies can always be deleted and/or disabled. Please refer to your browser’s help file to determine the browser’s settings.
Be aware that several webpages will not have optimal functionality if cookies are deleted or blocked in settings.
You have a right to information about our processing of personal data concerning you, and to receive a copy of the personal data being processed. You also have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you rectified or completed.
Under certain circumstances, you can request erasure of your personal data or that the processing of the personal data restricted. You may also have a right to object to the processing, including if the processing is for direct marketing purposes.
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights, including without limitation patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and all other proprietary rights, in the products, product software, and services are owned by Cathwell AS or its affiliates, licensors, or suppliers (collectively, the “IP rights”). Your possession, access and use of the products, software and services do not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such IP rights. Cathwell AS and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these terms. Moreover, Cathwell AS retains full and complete title to all content on the services, including any downloadable software and all data that accompanies it.
You are prohibited from using the IP rights except as specifically permitted in these terms. You may not incorporate any of the content of the services into any other work, including your own or any others website without the prior written consent of Cathwell. Any authorisation to copy content granted by us in any part of the services for any reason is subject to your keeping intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You must not copy, modify or in any way reproduce or damage the structure or presentation of the services or any content therein.
These are the rules and restrictions that describes how Cathwell’s process cookies and your personal data. If you do not agree to and accept all of the terms, you do not have the right to use the services and should cease using them immediately.
Any dispute under this agreement and related hereto, we will try to resolve with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
If negotiation fails or if any of the parties want to take court proceedings, Nedre Telemark Tingrett in Norway will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these terms.
Your contact information
If you have any questions that this policy could not answer, or if you require further information on a particular point, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the postal address available at http://www.cathwell.com.
Effective date: 10th of December 2019.